Hello Advanced Trade, Goodbye Coinbase Pro
- Later this year, we will begin porting Coinbase Pro to migrate all advanced trading to a unified Coinbase account, giving customers access to popular features. expressed, Borrow, dapp walletAnd coinbase card From single platform balance.
- advanced business Already available globally on Coinbase.com, with the same volume-based fee as Coinbase Pro.
- In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out AdvanceTrade to the Coinbase mobile app along with other improvements so that AdvancedTrade can be upgraded from Coinbase Pro for every client.
- We will notify customers again when we are ready to share concrete dates for the closure of Coinbase Pro.
By Dan Stone, Group Product Manager and Andrew Herman, Engineering Manager
We launched Coinbase Pro in 2018 as a tool for advanced traders to conduct technical analysis and trade by interacting directly with the Coinbase Exchange order book. Customers have told us how they love the power and singular focus of Coinbase Pro when it comes to buying, selling, and swapping crypto.
Meanwhile, at Coinbase.com and the Coinbase app, we are adding advanced crypto features to foster deeper engagement with the crypto economy, such as expressed, Borrowdapp wallet, and coinbase cardIn addition to improving our core trading experience.
As a result, many customers rely on Coinbase Pro and Coinbase.com for their overlapping sets of features, and often experience friction when shifting the balance back and forth between the two products.
To resolve this friction and provide customers with the best of both worlds, we have rebuilt the full Coinbase Pro advanced trading experience within the Coinbase mobile app and Coinbase.com. As we continue to add more features to advanced trading on Coinbase, we will be rolling out Coinbase Pro later this year.
World class business on one platform
After developing a better option for our Coinbase Pro customers, we released Advanced Trade on coinbase.com earlier this year. Advanced Trade is equipped with all the capabilities of Coinbase Pro, but upgraded with the most intuitive Coinbase experience to make informed trades faster and easier.
Advanced Trade offers more in-depth technical analysis, advanced real-time order book and charting powered by TradingView to help clients research and analyze the crypto markets before making investment decisions.
It provides superior order flow making it easy and fast to place market, limit, or stop limit orders directly on the Coinbase exchange, providing one of the deepest pools of liquidity.
This is all within a single account balance, so customers can use automatic staking rewards to earn up to 5% APY on eligible crypto balances such as USDC, ETH 2 and DAI.
Enhanced trading is supported by additional Coinbase-wide security infrastructure such as 24/7 monitored cold storage facilities, USD held in FDIC-insured institutions, YubiKey for mobile, and vaults,
More advanced business updates, coming soon
We are excited to continue to build advanced trading into an enhanced experience for Coinbase Pro customers, with mobile app support now launching.
We will also be adding mobile stop limit orders, additional charting and order form upgrades, and full REST API and WebSocket support soon. Looking ahead, Advanced Trading will serve as a hub for our most advanced traders, even better as we launch new features. Until then, existing customers will still have access to Coinbase Pro.
Over the next several months, we will continue to launch new upgrades to Advanced Trade before the sunset of Coinbase Pro. We will share an update as we do so. For customers who have funds on Coinbase Pro, no action has been taken – funds on Coinbase will remain safe. Meanwhile, customers are welcome to start using advanced business Coinbase Mobile App and on Coinbase.com.
To get started, customers will need to fund their Coinbase accounts by following these steps if they haven’t already by depositing funds or transferring funds directly from Coinbase Pro:
- log in coinbase pro and select “portfolio”
- Select “Return” in the top right
- Select the cryptocurrency you want to transfer, or choose “All Portfolios” to transfer all assets to Coinbase.com
- Select “Transfer to Coinbase”
- go back coinbase.com/advanced-trade Or tap on the “Advanced Trading” drop down from the Trade tab in the Coinbase mobile app to get started with advanced trading.
Hello Advanced Trade, Goodbye Coinbase Pro
#Advanced #Trade #Goodbye #Coinbase #Pro